12.12.2011

Out of the oven

We've been singing a lot of Christmas songs these days, and its really fun because Audrey has found her singing voice.  She will, on request, give a very original rendition of Jingle Bells.  Colton, not to be left out, coos, giggles, squeals, shrikes and tweets (with his voice, not his phone) right along.  Even Craig, though he may deny it, joins in.  We sound like...a family.






This weekend I baked Christmas cookies for friends and neighbors: Oatmeal Cranberry, Molasses Spice and Sugar Cookies.  The recipes are all from The America's Test Kitchen Family Cookbook.  We received this cookbook for Christmas four years ago, just before we moved into our house, from my brother and sister-in-law.  I can honestly say I still use it at least once a week (more like three or four times).  I love that after 4 years I still find new recipes to make.  Last week I made Slow-Cooker Texas Style Chili Con Carne for the first time...Were had that recipe been hiding all these years?  The cookbook is not fancy or trendy - just a great traditional cooking cookbook. 

Hope your holiday preperations are yummy and exciting too!

1 comment: