4.09.2012

Grandmother's knitting



My grandmother, Martha, knit this delicate little set for her youngest son, my Uncle Mark, for Easter in 1965.  This year Colton wore the sweater and shorts and how sweet do they look?  The shorts have thin bands of elastic running through the waist to keep them snug and little buttons around the neck.  Although Colton is a boy on the move these days and I couldn't quite get them fastened before he wriggled out of my arms. 



This is my mom's brother, at their grandmother's house in Pennsylvania. 


We had a lovely weekend, decorating and hunting for eggs.  My mom and I spent some quality time in the kitchen making a family feast.  Now she and my dad are out with Audrey exploring the botaic gardens. Colton is asleep, so the house is quiet and our DVR is full.  Have a happy Monday.



No comments:

Post a Comment