4.23.2012

Sowing and Growing




We planted carrots in our community garden plot this week.  I have big plans for our gardens this summer, although its hard to believe all that will come from such little seeds.  Audrey and Colton are great garden helpers - Colton fell asleep on the walk over, just as I hoped he would.  Audrey made sure everything, including herself, was good and watered.






At our house garden, our garlic is looking good. I really want to know just what is going on under the dirt, but I think it needs to stay under a few more weeks. 


I had no idea this is what rhubarb would looked like. This is its second year and we hope to make at least one strawberry rhubarb pie this summer.  This is just the beginning for both gardens.  Small beginnings, yes - but exciting to watch them grow. 


No comments:

Post a Comment