1.08.2012

Quick cowls for her

For my ladies on my list, I made these quickie cowls

I loved knitting these. The ridged lace pattern is so pretty and the edging adds a nice dimension. By the time I'd completed the first cowl, I had the pattern memorized and could pick my needles up whenever I could and know exactly where I was.

 I used a bunch of different chunky yarns.  The green is Misty Alpaca, the gray and purple are Plymouth Yarn Baby Alpaca, the pink are Cascade Alpaca.  I liked the Misty and Baby for this pattern, they were chunkier than the Cascade and showed the lace better.

 Surprise!  Flamingos!  In the snow!  (yes, they're for real)


Oh, those naughty stitches. They just jumped right off the needles!

 This is me, on the way to the airport, hoping to finish the last one.  It was close, but I made it.


Surprise!  A pine cone on our pine tree.

So those were my Christmas knits...simple and quick, but I hope warm and useful.  I'm feeling a little lost with out a project to work on.  That must mean I should start something new...maybe something from my grandmother's collection of Vogue Knitting circa 1960?   We shall see....

No comments:

Post a Comment